1/4 c buckwheat groats
2/3 c liquid (I used 1/2 coconut water 1/2 milk)
pinch of salt
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 a mango, chopped
3 tbsp coconut shreds
pinch of cinnamon
1 tbsp cacao nibs
1/4 c milk; optional
1 tbsp maple syrup; optional
1. Rinse the buckwheat and combine with liquid and salt in a pot over high heat.
2. When the liquid reaches a boil, turn down to a low heat/ simmer and give it a stir.
3. After 15-20 mins, when all the liquid has been absorbed, turn off the fire and add in the maple syrup.
1. In another pan, lightly toast coconut with cinnamon over low heat until lightly browned. Do this whilst cooking the buckwheat.
2. Warm the milk and maple syrup in a small saucepan if you wish to.
3. Top buckwheat with mango, coconut, kiwi and cacao nibs before pouring on the milk. Enjoy!