But back to Meghan. As I said, she is super famous already. All kinds of companies contact her for collabs and share her pics. Her sweet, light-coloured and lacey, flowery pictures are all over instagram and I can't stress enough how much I love them. There's so much love in each and every single photo! But furthermore have I had the chance to meet Meghan at one of the plantbased picnics in London and am now a glad girl to call her my friend! Meghan has such a delicate, sweet character! Check out her blog and you'll know what I mean!
And before we get to the recipe, of course Meghan too told me what she loves about instagramming and what her favourite foods are. She says: "I instagram becaise I love takeing the time to present my food nicely and I enjoy sharing it with people who have the same interest in health an nutrition as I do; I also like showing people that eating healthily isn't boring or difficult and that blant-based meals are super delicious! As well as the food side of things I also use Instagram as a platform to share my mental health struggles so that others who are battling the same illnesses or difficulties don't feel alone.
Choosing a favourite food is so difficult but it would be either bananas or medjool dates!"
pancakes (makes 5-6 small pancakes):
2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flaxseed and 6 tbsp water)
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
3 tbsp lucuma powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup plant milk
1 ripe banana
1 tbsp melted gogonut oil
1 tbsp cacao powder
1 tbsp lucuma powder
Pancakes: 1. Prepare the flax eggs by mixing together the ground flaxseed and water in a cup. Leave the mixture in your fridge for at least 30 minutes to thicken up.
2. Mix together the flour, lucuma powder and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
3. Mash the banana, then add it into the bowl along with the plant milk and flax eggs. Mix well until the batter is smooth.
4. Heat a small amout of coconut oil (or other of your choice) in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add about 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan and spread it out slightly with a spoon to form a pancake shape.
5. Let it cook for about a minute, until bubbles star forming on top and you can see the sides starting to brown, the flip it over and cook for another minute.
6. Repeat with the rest of the mixture then top you pancakes with anything you want!
For the raw chocolate fudge sauce: Mix all the ingredients together, then drizzle over your pancakes and enjoy!